When it comes to technology (or anything, really), men and women rarely think alike. Men are obsessed with acronyms and the size of their hard drives. Women just want to get things done. And if they can get it done while shopping for a cute pair of shoes, even better.
How to Be a Geek Goddess shows you how to sort out technology decisions (and find those cute shoes online) without ever having to ask a man. Whether you’re buying a computer, shopping for a cell phone, trapped in the electronics aisle, or simply lost on the Internet, author Christina Tynan-Wood explains it all with wit, intelligence, and a minimum of geeky acronyms.
You’ll learn how to:
- Buy the right computer for your needs, your decor, and your budget
- Surf the Web with confidence, organize your life, and manage your finances
- Master your email inbox, cell phone, and instant messaging
- Keep yourself and your kids safe from spyware, viruses, and online scam artists
- Reconnect with friends, grow your professional network, or find that special someone online
No Starch Press